Tues. Jan. 14, St. Louis Community Service Public Relations Council lunch meeting (11:30-1: 15) "Best Practices for Building & Managing Young Professionals Groups." Lauren Kistner of COCA, will share some ins and outs of size and structure, leadership, staffing, dues, benefits and more. $40 for nonmembers, includes lunch, Sheraton Claton Plaza Hotel, Sign up at www.csprc.org
(And check out a copy of Cause
for Change : the why and how of nonprofit millennial engagement by Kari
Dunn Saratovsky & Derrick Feldman, Call # Grants 658.301 here at the G&FC.)
More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- New G&FC Books: Summer 2015
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Nonprofit Boards - Helpful Sites
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Local Nonprofit Ed. Programs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
- NPO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Links
- CAPACITY-BUILDING Resources
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Monday, December 30, 2013
Deadline for application draft reviews for arts education, dance, folk arts, minority arts, theater and visual arts 2015 grants from the Missouri Arts Council is Jan. 27 2014 and you have to create a new profile. Take a look at MAC's new Grants Online System and guidelines at Missouri Arts Council!
Friday, December 27, 2013
Nonprofit Services Center (note the revised tagline--"Capacity for Change") recently announced a great new calendar of workshops to help St. Louis nonprofit professionals build that capacity. Go to NSC 2014 Training -1st Quarter and click on the Register NOW! button to get details and the (imho) reasonable pricing for each session.
Thursday, December 26, 2013
Area nonprofit professionals and board members are invited to attend a brief update event from Nonprofit Missouri on governmental and regulatory issues affecting the nonprofit sector on the national and state levels here at Central Library Weds. Feb. 5, from 4-5:30 pm. The program will also include:
- An overview of how nonprofits can and cannot advocate,
- A panel featuring a nonprofit professional whose agency advocates, a funder who supports advocacy and a legislator on the receiving side of advocacy efforts
- Information on how to participate in Nonprofit Missouri's annual Nonprofit Advocacy Day Feb. 19, 2014, in Jefferson City
Both this event and Nonprofit Advocacy Day are open to both members and nonmembers of Nonprofit Missouri, the statewide association to advocate, promote and support our state's nonprofits. Docent-led tours of the St. Louis Public Library’s recently renovated Central building will be available at the meeting which is cosponsored by Nonprofit Missouri and the Grants & Foundation Center at Central Library. Visit Nonprofit Missouri's website at www.nonprofitmissouri.org and click the banner link to register.
Tuesday, December 17, 2013
Updated Details for visual artists planning to attend Central for Creatives Weds. Dec. 18, 4-5:30 pm. at Central Library's 1st floor Creative Experience digital maker space:
- Sue Greenberg of VLAA will present and discuss her list of Top 10 Books about the legal and business aspects of promoting your visual work,
- G&FC librarian Kim Parks will show how to quickly search for Foundation Grants to Individuals on the Foundation Center database and also distribute a list of free websites offering funding opportunities and info to individual artists,
- Fine arts subject specialist Mary Frechette will discuss the range of arts marketing resources available in the visual arts collection at Central,
- Andrea Johnson, Creative Experience specialist, will demonstrate how to use Adobe Creative Suite 6, and how to access the normally proprietary tutorials available free in the Creative Experience through Lynda.com.
- Artists may also bring their own laptops to display their screens on the room’s large screen monitors.