Area nonprofits have until April 11, 2014 to register with www.givestlday.org to participate in this Greater St. Louis Community Foundation-sponsored effort to raise $1+million for area nonprofits in 24 hours on May 6, 2014.
Once your group registers, NSC is sponsoring three free information and Q&A sessions about Give STl Day -- March 13 - 4:30 pm, March 19 - 8:30 am or March 27 - 4:30 pm at Centene Center for Arts & Education. Sign up for the one you want -- and get details on NSC's other useful continuing education options here: NSC Workshop Registration.
Friday, March 7, 2014
Thursday, March 6, 2014
With more daylight, you might find it easier to attend some of these highly recommended St. Louis area March 2014 nonprofit training events.
- March 11, CSPRC Round-Table Lunch- Question experts on a variety of Community Service Public Relations topics, 11:30 - 1:15, $40 for nonmembers
- March 12, AFP St. Louis Webinar "Firing Lousy Board Members..." with Simone Joyaux will be available for 2 weeks, $20 for nonmembers, Note: Joyaux's books Strategic Fund Development and Keep Your Donors are available through the G&FC.
- March 13, "Rebound Neighborhoods: Mark Twain Neighborhood" breakfast discussion sponsored by the UMSL Community Partnership Program, 7:30 - 9am, at New Sunny Mount Missionary Baptist Church, Register by email or phone 314-516-6989.
- March 21, NPML class "Lead Positive" for volunteer managers, 9-1 at UMSL, $60 for non MVMA members.
- March 27, NPML class How to Develop an Effective Board for Your Nonprofit with John McClusky, Peter Ruger and Faith Sandler, UMSL, 1-5 pm, $50
Monday, February 24, 2014
Want to actively do good for your St. Louis area neighborhood or community in an organized way????
Come to these free sessions at Central Library and learn the essential how-to’s from experts.
Start a Nonprofit - Mon., March 10th 3-5 pm.
Nuts & Bolts. Learn what’s important information to include in the Bylaws and Articles of Incorporation you file with the state department of revenue, as well as in your organization’s IRS Form 1023 application for tax-exempt status, plus find out how to recruit and form an effective Board of Directors. Cosponsored by VLAA and Legal Services of Eastern Missouri’s Community Economic Development Program and the G&FC.
Do Good Without Starting a Nonprofit - Tues., April 15th, 3-5 pm,
Want to directly improve your community without creating and running a new nonprofit organization? Hear from veteran practitioners about the ins-and-outs, and the resulting satisfactions, of these other options
1) effective volunteering,
2) finding employment in the nonprofit sector,
3) collaborating with other organizations
4) using a fiscal sponsor for your project.
Co-sponsored by Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts, and Area Resources for Community & Human Services (ARCHS) and the G&FC.
Spread the word to the practical idealists you know and have them call 314-539-0357 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to reserve a place at each of these these free events. All sessions will be held here at Central Library in the 2nd Floor Training Rm.
Friday, February 21, 2014
- Researchers who want to consult the Stanford Social Innovation Review can now find it on the G&FC magazine/journal shelves here in the Social Sciences room at Central. Published by Stanford U's Center on Philanthropy & Civil Society, each quarterly issue contains theme articles, case studies, reports, viewpoints, research updates and reviews. We also subscribe to print copies of Charity Rating Guide and Watchdog Report, the Chronicle of Philanthropy, Grassroots Fundraising Journal, Nonprofit Quarterly, Nonprofit and Voluntary Sector Quarterly, and the Nonprofit Times.
- Free access to the Foundation Center's Foundation Directory Online Professional, Philanthropy In/Sight, and Foundation Grants to Individuals Online databases is once again available at all 41 adult reference computer stations within the walls of Central Library, with no log-in necessary.
- Go to Nonprofit Missouri to find out about March and April informational webinars available to Nonprofit Missouri members (free) and nonmembers ($10) of. Topics include "Google Apps for Nonprofits," "Accounting and Fundraising," "Legal Issues Impacting Nonprofits" and "Social Entrepreneurship for Nonprofits."
about government-nonprofit contracting relationships, as well as some basic nonprofit advocacy resources, are available here at the G&FC.
Thursday, February 6, 2014
Thurs. Feb. 20, best-selling nonprofit fundraising author Penelope Burk will lead seminars on her two latest books at the extended March AFP St. Louis meeting at the Renaissance Hotel St. Louis Airport .
- 8:30 -11:30 am, breakfast session on Donor Centered Fundraising
- noon - 1:30 pm lunch session on Donor Centered Leadership
Monday, February 3, 2014
- Leadership Competencies in the Nonprofit World, Feb. 6, 9-noon,NSC, $60
- Introduction to Social Media, Feb. 11, 9-noon, NSC, $60
- Strategic Planning Around Fundraising Goals, Feb. 12, 9-noon, Centene Center, $30
- Better Branding Trough Social Media, Feb. 13, 9-11, NSC, $45
- Intro to Grantwriting, Feb. 19, 9-noon, $60