Most of us go to the Foundation Center's 990 Finder or Guidestar to look up nonprofit financial information from the 990 form, but have you used the free, easy-to-use Nonprofit Explorer app launched in May by developers Mike Tigas and Sisi Wei on the investigative journalism website ProPublica?
In late September they also added data from 990-PFs (private foundations & charitable trusts). The database includes more than 625,000 nonprofits --ranging from 501(c)2's all the way to 4947(a)1's.-- with
information about their total expenses, revenues, executive compensation,
wages and salaries and what percentage of revenue comes from
contributions, and investments.
More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- New G&FC Books: Summer 2015
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Help for Nonprofit Boards/Board Members
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Online Social Media Advice for NPOs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
- NPO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Links
- CAPACITY-BUILDING Resources
- St. Louis Area Nonprofit Education
- Grants to Individuals