More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- New G&FC Books: Summer 2015
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Nonprofit Boards - Helpful Sites
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Local Nonprofit Ed. Programs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
More Help with Demographics
If you attended (or wanted to) government librarian Bill Olbrich's overview of Finding Census Data for Nonprofit Grant Writers here Monday you might also be interested in checking out a book that just arrived here in the Social Sciences Room: Demographics of the U.S. Trends and Projections, 4th ed, by Cheryl Russell. (New Strategists, 2012) sifts and organizes data from government and other internet data sites and publications. Russell provides year-by-year figures and insights for analyzing and projecting trends in U.S. attitudes and behaviors, education, health, housing, income, labor force, living arrangements, population, spending and wealth. Particularly if you're a beginner at turning data into an effecive statement of need, you may find this "big picture" view helpful. Request a copy through the SLPL catalog.