Back by Popular Demand:
- Nonprofit Financial Oversight Basics: This program is co-sponsored by the UMSL Nonprofit Management and Leadership Program and will be presented by not-for-profit managers from the Rubin Brown LLP accounting firm. It will focus on budgeting and reviewing and understanding nonprofit financial statements.
August 23, 2016, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Thinking About Starting a Nonprofit? This two-part program is presented by Sue Greenberg of Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts and Tracy James of Legal Services for Eastern Missouri, who will offer the following:
- Best Choices and Basic Steps
Tuesday, September 6, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
- Nuts & Bolts for Success and Sustainability
Tuesday, September 13, 4:00 - 5:30 p.m.
- Nonprofit Capacity-building through Partnering with Universities: Discuss ways to interface with universities and graduate students to support capacity-building in your organization. Christine Berg and Peggy Neufeld, Washington University School of Medicine faculty, describe a service-learning model that supports non-profits in programming, evaluating, building community partnerships, using research literature and evidence when writing grants, and training staff and volunteers.
Wednesday, October 26, 4:00 - 5:00 p.m.
- Had Enough of Campaigns? Don’t worry – we'll be talking about fundraising campaigns. Dan Reynolds, Managing Partner of Holmes, Radford & Avalon, Inc., a St. Louis-based campaign consulting firm, will present the following 2 courses:
- The Importance of a Pre-Campaign Feasibility and Planning Study: In this session, you will learn about the purpose and benefits of conducting a feasibility study for your organization. We will discuss how this tool helps to clarify how you need to position your campaign for success, who will help to lead it, and opportunities for leadership gifts.Tuesday, November 29, 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- Hallmarks of a Successful Campaign: Now that you’ve developed your roadmap for your campaign, Dan will walk you through the elements and factors that define campaign success. He will guide a discussion about the stages of a campaign and lessons learned from the field.Tuesday, December 13, 4:00-5:30 p.m.