More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- New G&FC Books: Summer 2015
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Nonprofit Boards - Helpful Sites
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Local Nonprofit Ed. Programs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
Friday, January 25, 2013
Our esteemed G&FC program partner Volunteer Lawyers & Accountants for the Arts has opened registration to non-arts-related nonprofits in QuickBooks Pro Basics, its annual 2-session hands-on training for pc users with little accounting experience. The sessions will be offered on Thursday afternoons Jan. 31 & Feb. 7 at Webster University downtown in the Old Post Office Building. Cost of the 2 sessions is $35 per organization, plus $15 for each additional person from the same nonprofit, if you preregister. Get details at www.vlaa.org
Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Just the briefest reminder of some deadlines and meetings coming up:
- Jan. 28 - Missouri Arts Council online draft deadline for 2014 annual arts project grant applications. find out more at www.missouriartscouncil.org
- Feb. 1 - ARCH Grants Global Startup Competition deadline. - a rare direct grant ($50,000), plus prizes, to start-up entrepreneurs willing to locate in downtown St. Louis. www.archgrants.org/2013.
- Feb. 5 - "What Do Grant/Bid Reviewers Really Want to See?" Grant Professionals Association St. Louis luncheon meeting, 11:30 - 1:30 pm, call 314-740-5284 for more information.
- Feb. 25-26 - St. Louis County and Municipal Police Academy 2-day Grantwriting Workshop, $395 for nonprofits, contact Becky Murphy, 314-889-8608 for more information.
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
It was great to see everyone who came to our Jan. 11 Grand Reopening Events! Special thanks to ARCHS' Steve Brawley, BoardLinkStL's Mike Ochonicky and The Foundation Center for leading the first G&FC programs we've been able to present in the new Training Room. Also a shout-out to the many SLPL staff and volunteers who helped programs, orientations and tours run as smoothly as possible as we all learn to make the most of our wonderful new facilities.
- If you missed a G&FC orientation, come by anytime -- we are now located in the Social Sciences Room on the 2nd floor--and ask for a packet and a tour.
- As of last week, Philanthropy In/Sight, as well as the Foundation Directory Online Professional and Grants to Individuals Online, are accessible free on 40+ adult reference computers here in the Central Library building only-- not via the internet. Come by the G&FC if you want help locating them.
- Handout information about services and coming events offered by our St. Louis program partner organizations is available on the G&FC shelves.
- Copies of Networking is Dead, subject of the first Nonprofit Reads Book Group discussion Feb. 26 are available for sign-out at the G&FC desk.