- Weds. May 15, noon- 1:30, Books Every Working Artist Should Read, Central Library 2nd floor Training Rm. Discover some really helpful books for individual visual artists, writers, musicians and filmmakers seeking to take their careers to the next level -- books that provide solid information about practicalities like copyright, negotiations and marketing and books that provide inspiration to help you through the process. Sue Greenberg, executive director of St. Louis Volunteer Lawyers and Accountants for the Arts and published writer, will share her list and invites you to bring titles and websites you have found helpful to share with colleagues. Bring your lunch as well, beverages will be provided. Also note: limited free parking is available for participants in the center aisle of the lot on the northwest corner of 15th "& Olive. Call the G&FC for details.
- In preparation for this session, in conjuction with Central Library's Arts, Entertainment and Literature librarians, we've updated our recommended list of local and national funding websites and books offering grants and other specific markets for individual 1) Funding for Filmmakers, 2) Funding for Musicians, 3) Funding for Visual Artists, and 4) Funding for Writers. E-mail me for a copy of a particular list or come by and examine our resource Kiosk at the Grants & Foundation Center.
- RAC -- Regional Arts Commission -- recently has made a new series of funds available to individual local artists: 10
annual $20,000 fellowships, and $75,000 to be split into several smaller grants of
$500 to $3,000 for area artists. Go to www.art-stl.com/artistscount/index.php/grants/ to find our more and sign up for updates.
RAC -- Artists Count
More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Help for Nonprofit Boards/Board Members
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Online Social Media Advice for NPOs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
- NPO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Links
- CAPACITY-BUILDING Resources
- St. Louis Area Nonprofit Education
- Grants to Individuals