- the difference between board "ownership" and "responsibility" for diversity;
- how to make the business case for diversity with funders
More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- New G&FC Books: Summer 2015
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Nonprofit Boards - Helpful Sites
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Local Nonprofit Ed. Programs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
- NPO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Links
- CAPACITY-BUILDING Resources
- St. Louis Area Nonprofit Education
Monday, September 26, 2011
Does your nonprofit's leadership need some fresh inspiration? Come to a free workshop: Diversity & Your Nonprofit Board: Who Is Responsible? here at Schlafly Thurs. Oct. 13, 3-4:30. Angela Williams will discuss and answer questions about
Tuesday, September 13, 2011
Learn about important tax regulations from IRS representatives and Missouri Asst. Attorney General Bob Carlson on Tuesday, Nov. 1 at the J.C. Penney Conference Center at UMSL. If you sign up before Oct. 1, the whole day including lunch costs $40. For details and to register, visit ce.umsl.edu/npml.
Tuesday, September 6, 2011
Nonprofit staff and board members are invited to come hear and question experienced employment attorneys who will discuss important issues facing nonprofits August 15 3-4:30 pm here at Schlafly. The free session, cosponsored by Legal Services of Eastern Missouri, will cover such topics as
- the differences between employees and independent contractors and why it matters;
- preventing liability for hiring and termination decisions; and
- best practices with volunteers to protect against liability
Just call or email to register so we can prepare enough materials.
Saturday, September 3, 2011
- Thanks to local fundraising author Carol Weismann who responded to our request for a copy of her hard-to-find Secrets of Successful Retreats by supplying us with additional copies of her Raising Charitable Children and Transforming Ordinary People into Fundraising Superheroes as well.
- Check out this year's new educational and financial support and opportunities for nonprofits available from the Skandalaris Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at Wash U and Youthbridge Community Foundation at at www.ideabounce.com
- Labor Day last-minute alert: The St. Louis chapter of the American Association of Grant Prfessionals Sept. 6 meeting on How to Make an Ask Compelling on Both Emotional and Rational Levels, led by Melinda McAliney of Lutheran Foundation and Maryanne Dersch of 501 Creative Sept. 6 carry-in lunch, $15 for nonmembers at Central Reform Congregation, Call 618-493-9423 to make a reservation