More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- New G&FC Books: Sept. 2015
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Help for Nonprofit Boards/Board Members
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Online Social Media Advice for NPOs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
- NPO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Links
- CAPACITY-BUILDING Resources
- St. Louis Area Nonprofit Education
- Grants to Individuals
Monday, April 29, 2013
If you are new leadership of a St. Louis area nonprofit organization, as a board member, staff member or volunteer, you're especially invited to our Thurs. May 9 session of Basic Legal Issues for Nonprofits, 3-5 pm in the 2nd Floor Training Rm. here at Central Library. The free overview session, led by attorney and instructor Dan Sise from UMSL's Nonprofit Management and Leadership Program, will include important information about your legal liabilities and responsibilities, types of protection available, insurance coverage options and risk management policies to consider. Those who have attended Dan's sessions on this and other nonprofit topics in the past highly recommend this summary of "legal basics" to all who want to help lead their nonprofit wisely and well. Just let us know by e-mail or phone if you plan to attend so we can prepare background material.
Posted by kap at 3:22 PM
Labels: Dan Sise, Legal issues for nonprofit boards, SLPL Grants and Foundation Center classes for nonprofit board members, UMSL's NPML
Friday, April 26, 2013
Navigate to Success is the theme for this 7:30 - 5 event at the Sheraton Clayton Plaza Hotel; Cost to non-Community Service Public Relations Council members is $125 which includes breakfast and lunch with keynote speakers Steve Hughes and the St. Louis Symphony External Affairs Department, as well as four breakout sessions during the day and all conference materials. Go to www.csprc.org to find out more and register.
Thursday, April 25, 2013
- May 15 -YNPN Brown Bag on Social Entrepreneurship 11:30 - 1, $10 for non-members, Lab 1500, 1500 Washington, Bring your lunch and join this YNPN panel exploring different ideas and aspects of a social entrepreneurship: Aimee Dunne Zander – Community Outreach Coordinator, Skandalaris Center for Entrepreneurial Studies at Washington University; Chris Miller – Founder, The Mission Center and Senior Lecturer, Brown School of Social Work at Washington University; Claire Wolff – Community Engagement Specialist, Old North St. Louis Restoration Group, rsvp at www.ynpnstl.org
- Winners of the 8th annual Youthbridge Social Enterprise and Innovation Competition, through Wash U's Skandalaris Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, the Lutheran Foundation and Daughters of Charity Foundation were announced this month. They included nonprofits Independent Youth, Circus Harmony Flying Trapeze Center, ArchCity Defenders, Inc. and GoodMap. Find out more about the competition at www.youthbridge.org
- Check out one of these books from the G&FC collection of background reading on Social Entrepreneurship: Social Entrepreneurship; What Everyone Needs to Know by David Bornstein & Susan Davis; Transformational Philanthropy; Entrepreneurs and Nonprofits by Lisa M. Dietlin; the Power of Unreasonable People; How Social Entrepreneurs Create Markets that Change the World by John Elkington & Pamela Hartigan; Daughters of the Declaration ; How Women Entrepreneurs Built the American Dream by Claire Gaudiani & David Graham Burnett; Rippling by Beverly Schwartz: the Search for Social Entrepreneurship by Paul C. Light; or Succeeding at Social Enterprise; Hard-won Lessons for Nonprofits... by the Social Enterprise Alliance.
April 30th 9am-4pm IRS Workshop for small and medium-sized tax exempt organizations, and those who work and volunteer at 501(C)3 organizations, lunch speaker Asst MO Attorney General Bob Carlson, at UMSL's J.C. Penney Conference Center, registration and lunch $55 ($70 at the door), register at pcs.umsl.edu/npml or call 314-516-5655
Posted by kap at 9:46 AM