More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- New G&FC Books: Sept. 2015
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Help for Nonprofit Boards/Board Members
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Online Social Media Advice for NPOs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
- NPO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Links
- CAPACITY-BUILDING Resources
- St. Louis Area Nonprofit Education
- Grants to Individuals
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Go to Gateway Center for Giving www.centerforgiving.org to download your copy of the 2012 Giving in St. Louis report on individual, corporate, and foundation philanthropic giving in St. Louis for the past few years and to get details and register to attend The Center's next Meet the Donor program Friday, Aug. 17 at Emerson HQ. This event will include presentations from new regional executives at the Greater St. Louis Community Foundation, St. Louis Mental Health Board, YouthBridge Community Foundation, Missouri Foundation for Health, Emerson and the Deaconess Foundation, cost $30.
Monday, July 23, 2012
Monday, Aug. 6, the Grants & Foundation Center will close at the Schlafly branch library in order to move and prepare to reopen Sunday Dec.9 in the Social Sciences Room of the renewed and restored Central Library downtown.
Be sure to come by before Aug. 6 if you want to use Foundation Directory Online Professional database, check out books from the collection or get information from the handouts firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, July 6, 2012
United Way of Greater St. Louis plans to open admissions to one or more new agencies (in addition to the 170 it already funds) who provide health and human or youth services in the region. E-mail email@example.com or go to www.stl.unitedway.org/funding.aspx to get details. The 1st informational meeting is July 16
St. Louis regional nonprofits know NSC is THE intermediary geared up to help them become sustainable, effective organizations. NSC's program manager Linda Summlin Aitch will give an overview and specific tips on Capacity Building for Highly Effective Nonprofits here at Schlafly July 25 from 3-4:30 Any staff or board member who wants to learn basic ways and opportunities to develop the core skills and capabilities in leadership, management, finance and fundraising, programming and evaluation now expected by funders and the public is invited. E-mail or call us to register for this free event.
Thursday, July 5, 2012
- July 10 CSPRC Round Table program: variety of experts on relevant current topics like social networking, 11:30-1:15, Sheraton Clayton Plaza, $40 for nonmembers, get details at www.csprc.org
- July 11 Strategic Fundraising thru Major Donor Research, 9-12, ALMA (Arts Leadership & Management Academy) Centene Center for Arts & Education, $30, details at keeparthappening.org/What/ALMA
- July 11 Will To Give Orientation for nonprofits enrolling in training program for increasing charitable bequest giving, 9-10:30 am, United Way offices, costs based on agency budget size, more info at www.centerforgiving.org
- July 26 AFP Major Gifts Extended Sessions with Jerold Panas, 8:30 - 4, Norwoood Hills country Club, $149 for nonmembers, link to our AFP program partner at right for more info and come by Schlafly to check out the G&FC's copy of Panas's 2012 edition of Fundraising Habits of Supremely Successful Boards.
- July 26 NpML's Developing and Marketing a Planned Giving Program for Your Nonprofit, 1-4, UMSL campus, $49, use our NPML program partner link at right for more info.