More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- New G&FC Books: Summer 2015
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Help for Nonprofit Boards/Board Members
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Online Social Media Advice for NPOs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
- NPO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Links
- CAPACITY-BUILDING Resources
- St. Louis Area Nonprofit Education
- Grants to Individuals
Thursday, June 28, 2012
Need help understanding the financial statements, budgets and best cash management practices that are part of your oversight responsibilities as a board member? CPA's and RubinBrown Nonprofit Division managers Mary Kay Lofgren and Debra Leible will explain and answer questions at our July 12 Financial Basics for Nonprofits workshop here at Schlafly at 3 pm. Thanks to NpML for sponsoring this helpful annual event. Call, e-mail or come by to register, so we can have enough handouts ready.
Tuesday, June 19, 2012
Starting July 2, requests for books from the G&FC [GRANTS] will not be accepted on the library catalog, either at http://www.slpl.org/ or at a branch. However, until we actually move the books back into Central library later this summer, you may e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone us (314-539-0357) to request a particular title. We will pull it from our shelves and hold it for you to come and pick up at the G&FC desk here at Schlafly where you can check it out.
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
June 21, 3-5, Dan Sise will again be here at Schlafly offering his expertise with an overview of such issues as legal liabilities, risk management, insurance coverate and the types of legal protections available for board members and volunteers.Cosponsored by NpML. Free.
Friday, June 8, 2012
Don't put your hard-earned tax exempt status at risk. NpMLcommunity engagement specialist attorney Dan Sise will discuss The 990 & Your Nonprofit's Tax-Exempt Status here at Schlafly on June 14 from 3-4:30 pm. Thanks to G&FC program partner NpML Dan's expertise is abialable at this free event; just let us know you're coming so we can prepare enough support materials..
Saturday, June 2, 2012
- June 7 - Effective Grantwriting 9 am-3 pm, NSC office, $75, www.nonprofitservices.org
- June 13 - Social Media: How to Integrate Digital Tools 9am - noon, Arts Leadership & Management Academy, $30, www.KeepArtHappening.org
- June 21 - Inject Positive Messaging Into Your NPO, YNPN brown bag lunch, 11:30 - 1, Old North St. Louis, $5 for nonmembers, www.ynpnstl.org
- June 22 deadline for scholarship applications to 3-part AFP Summer Fundraising Seminar Series on Social Media (June 27, July 25, Aug. 22, 8:30 - 11:30am, College Bound) $55 per session or $140 for all 3 - for nonmembers, www.afpstl.org