- NSC will offer a 2-hr. workshop (the first of it's "Top Ten Things You Need to Know About..." ) on Capacity Building Friday, Jan. 15. For more information or to register, click on the NSC link at right.
- RubinBrown accounting firm's free Not-for-Profit Update presentation on Technical Topics & Best Practices for Today's Challenging Economy will be Jan. 28 - 7:30 - 10am. For details or to register, go to www.rubinbrown.com before Jan. 21st. (Thanks to our NPML co-sponsor, Mary Kay Lofgren and Debra Leible from RubinBrown will again be presenting Financial Basics for Nonprofits here at the library in July, so alert new board or staff members.)
- Librarians love book groups. The St. Louis area's Young Nonprofit Professional Network book club will discuss Three Cups of Tea, Greg Mortenson's account of setting up schools in Afghanistan and Pakistan, Jan. 28th at 6 pm at Left Bank Books in the Central West End.
More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- New G&FC Books: Summer 2015
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Nonprofit Boards - Helpful Sites
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Local Nonprofit Ed. Programs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
Monday, December 28, 2009
From our St. Louis area partners:
Saturday, December 19, 2009
- Want to know what funders are thinking? Take a look at www.grantcraft.org and register to download free reports, guides and updates. The website is funded by the Ford Foundation.
- Also a neighborly tip from CC Coordinator Pamela Salela at the Univeristy of Illinois- Springfield: check the general articles and ideas at www.goodworksconnect.org. This is a great example of a nonprofit networking site. It's been developed for east central Illinois, supported by the Lumpkin Family Foundation.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Two special sessions this month from the Gateway Center for Giving:
- Keeping the Arts Alive in Tough Times, Friday, Dec. 18, 8:30- 10am, Regional Arts Commission
- What Donors Want When Dollars are Down- Part II, Monday, Dec. 21, 8:30-10am, The Boeing Co.
Cost $30 each; contact www.centerforgiving.org for more information or to register.