More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- New G&FC Books: Summer 2015
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Nonprofit Boards - Helpful Sites
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Local Nonprofit Ed. Programs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
Thursday, August 30, 2012
If youth development or adult education is part of your nonprofit's mission, I hope you'll refer clients to our 2nd annual "Finding $$$ to Start College" event, Saturday Sept. 15, 10 am - noon at the Schlafly Branch library auditorium. We'll present information and answer questions about federal, state and foundation grant and loan programs, the all-important FASFA form, and how to search for assistance that's tailored to your needs. Phone 314-539-0357 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend so we'll have enough handouts ready. This free event is cosponsored by the Trio Educational Opportunity Centers here in St. Louis,
Wednesday, August 29, 2012
According to the Missouri Budget Project, state government faces another 17 years of budget crises before getting back to 2008 funding levels. How is your nonprofit planning to meet increased client need while public resources (and public funding of nonprifits) is decreasing? Join us at the Schlafly Branch Library Sept. 12, 3-5 pm, when ARCHS, Area Resources for Community and Human Services, the regional agency responsible for helping make the state's resources and dollars go further, describes how a strategic leveraging model can help you.
Monday, August 27, 2012
- 9/6/12 -- NpML's daylong class :Starting & Governing a Nonprofit 501[c]3 in Missouri - 9-5, UMSL campus, $89, taught by Dan Sise & Bob Carlson; 9/20/12 -- Junior Boards: How to Start & Best Utilize Them --UMSL campus, 3-5 pm, $20. More info/registration at ce.umsl.edu/npml or call 314-516-7250.
- 9/7/12 -- Deadline for applying for scholarships to attend AFP's CFRE Review Course (9/12 & 9/13) or the "Leading Forward" the AFP Biennial Conference (9/14, 7:30 - 4:30), all at the Renaissance St. Louis Airport Hotel. Find out more about these 2 significant events at www.afpstlouis.org
- 9/12/12 -- Teresa Mayberry, "The Criteria of Leadership," Arts Leadership and Managment Academy, 9-12, Centene Center, $30, www.keeparthappening.org
Monday, August 20, 2012
email@example.com or calling 314-539-0357.
Friday, August 10, 2012
- Aug. 16, 11:30 - 1, YNPN Lunch Box Talk: Managing Your Nonprofit Board BoardLinkStL's Michelle "Mike Ochonicky will discuss best practices), United Way HQ, $5 for nonmembers (Bring your lunch), rsvp to www.ynpnstl.org.
- Aug. 23, 11:30 am, AFP lunch meeting New Kids on the Block Funders Panel, Norwood Hills Country Club, $45 for nonmembers; register at www.afpstlouis.org.
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
The Foundation Centeer's website bringing transparency to the nation's largest foundations, www.glasspockets.org, has a new feature -- "Eye on the Giving Pledge" -- you can use to find out about the 81 (so far) wealthiest Americans, who have commited the majority of their assets to philanthropic causes. If you'd like help using Glasspockets or a range of other free websites of interest to nonprofits, call us about the Aug. 28 informal Free Online Resources for Nonprofits to be held at Schlafly Library from 1-2 pm.
Saturday, August 4, 2012
IS MOVING OUT OF SCHLAFLY BRANCH LIBRARY ON MONDAY AUGUST 6. We will reopen at Central Library Sunday December 9. During the hiatus, please keep in touch by phone at 314-539-0357 or follow our updated blog postings here. GRANTS & FOUNDATION CENTER
Our books, resource handouts and access to the
databases will be behind the scenes for four months as we prepare to open in the renewed and restored Central Library’s Social Sciences Room, but we and our program partners will continue to offer the free events listed on our calendar. Please phone or e-mail us (not Schlafly) to register. Foundation Center