- Aug. 18 --Linda Aitch from the Nonprofit Services Center will talk about Capacity Building for Highly Effective Nonprofits. Funders and donors are now requiring evidence of your organization's effectiveness and financial sustainability after the gift/grant has been used. Linda will describe how to develop your nonprofit's core skills in leadership, management, finance and fundraising, programming and evaluation to meet these requirements. 3-4:30 pm.
- Aug. 24 -- Board Chair Matt Matthews and CEO Wendell Kimbrough will head a panel from ARCHS, Area Resources for Community and Human Services, sharing effective ways of Engaging Your Board. They will describe how to discern and use your board's collective experience, expertise and business/social connections to build your organization's effectiveness. ARCHS works in partnership with local organizations to pool time and talent and leverage funding to benefit the St. Louis region. 3-4:30 pm.
Just contact me with questions or to sign up.
More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- New G&FC Books: Sept. 2015
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Help for Nonprofit Boards/Board Members
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Online Social Media Advice for NPOs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
- NPO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Links
- CAPACITY-BUILDING Resources
- St. Louis Area Nonprofit Education
- Grants to Individuals
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
This past April, Gateway Center for Giving published a study on The Role of Intermediaries in St. Louis. (see April 8 post below) They reported on 30 local organizations who 'provide essential services" -- ranging from funding, collaborative, training and/or advocacy assistance -- to the regional nonprofit sector. And now, our August schedule of free classes here at the G&FC gives you the opportunity to meet leaders from two of them and find out more about their services. ...