More Philanthropic/Nonprofit Information
- New G&FC Books: Summer 2015
- Nonprofit/Philanthropy WEBSITES
- Starting a Nonprofit?
- Top 12 Free Sites 4 In-Depth NPO Research
- Nonprofit Boards - Helpful Sites
- Finding Jobs in the Nonprofit Sector
- Local Nonprofit Ed. Programs
- Nonprofit Advocacy
- Prospect Research
- RFP Round-up
- Websites 4 Social Entrepreneurs
- For-Profit Start-Up Helps
- NPO FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT Links
- CAPACITY-BUILDING Resources
- St. Louis Area Nonprofit Education
Tuesday, March 29, 2011
This just in for St. Louis Area nonprofits from the Gateway Center for Giving ...A local community college professor is looking for nonprofits that would be interested in having his students do a class project to help your organization get started using social media or do a specific social media campaign. There are up to 4 more spots available for local nonprofits.If you are interested in learning more, please contact Ken Tucker by Thursday, 3/31 at firstname.lastname@example.org or (636) 947-6200.
Friday, March 18, 2011
- A couple of the new or additional books/websites recommended by VLAA's Sue Greenberg and the individual artists/writers/musicians/filmmakers who attended our Feb. 24 session on moving your career to the next level included The Creative Entrepreneur by Lisa Beam, Take Ten for Writers by Bonnie Newbauer, The Art of Nonconformity by Chris Guillebeau and www.kickstarter.com. Contact me if you would like the full list of resources discussed at this event. Also -- just a reminder that the VLAA website is full of help for individual artists as well as for arts organizations.
- Dennis Kennedy outlined 6 keys to social network success and fellow ACC panelists JulieAnn Broyles, Elizabeth Cox, & Pete Salsich III discussed important disclaimers, good organizational policies and on-line practices at our March 10 Legal Aspects of Social Media for Nonprofits event. For more about information technology law and any additional presentations by the panel, follow http://denniskennedy.com/blog/. Our next ACC panel presentation here at the G&FC will be The Fine Print for Nonprofits: Contracts April 28.
AFP St. Louis is offering an overview or refresher course on basic fundraising on Wednesday mornings March 30 -April 27 at Boys Hope Girls Hope National HQ in Bridgeton. Topics include tools and techniques to build successful fundraising programs, grant proposal basics, major gifts and special events. Cost to non-members is $199 for all five sessions. Call 314-416-2238 or link to the AFP website at right for more information.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
- Don't forget your chance to question St. Louis Area Information Technology attorneys about legal issues affecting nonprofit participation in social networks is coming to Schlafly library Thursday, March 10, at 3 pm. (See earlier posts and calendar at right.)
- The Nonprofit Times annual salary and benefits study report is in the current issue, (available in print here at the G&FC.) Some 977 nonprofits responded to the survey this year.
- March 1 problems with access by area cooperating collections to The Foundation Directory Online Professional seem to have cleared up--thanks, Foundation Center IT staff!-- and it is again available here whenever Schlafly is open.