St. Louis attorney Dan Sise will discuss basic legal principles and regulatory information affecting tax-exempt nonprofit corporations at a free workshop here at Central Library May 13 from 3-5 pm. The event will cover topics including legal duties and liabilities of board members, risk management, insurance and protections available for volunteers. Cosponsored by UMSL's Nonprofit Management & Leadership Program but contact the G&FC to register or with questions.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Check out the "Poking Pointed Fun at Foundations and Media..." story in the current Blue Avocado Nonprofit Magazine (www.blueavocado.org).to see who "won" the first Just Awards for Narcissism in Philanthropy and Abominable Press Coverage of the Nonprofit Sector.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
AFP St. Louis has donated a copy of Development Office Management: Forms, Checklists & Guidelines, Second Edition, by Jeff Stratton to our reference section at the G&FC. That means you can come in, look it over and update your stock of relevant information in the topic areas of development office structure, prospect research/donor relationships, fundraising & the IRS, the Board & fundraising, fundraising online, events, campaigns & funding strategies. The gift was made to commemorate the chapter's 35th anniversary and is dedicated to the St. Louis Regional Chapter's 1974 founding board.
Monday, April 12, 2010
As part of our continuting series on partnerships and collaborations among St. Louis area nonprofits, ARCHS St. Louis will discuss opportunities for, and how-to's of, viable, effective partnerships for providing early childhood and K-12 services April 29 here at Central, from 3-5 pm in mtg. rm. 1. If your organization serves children, come see how a partnership might help. The meeting's free but please call or e-mail the G&FC to sign up or get more information.
Friday, April 2, 2010
- Operational Technology Issues for NPOs, 2-5 pm, $30, continuing ed from UMSL's Nonprofit Management & Leadership Program, visit "ce.umsl.edu/npml" or call 314 516-5948 for more info or to register.*
- Managing the Upturn is the topic for the St. Louis Young Nonprofit Professional Network meeting, from 5-7 pm at the Scholarship Foundation. Cost is $5 for members & $10 for nonmembers.
* Peripheral news: Fundraising with The Raiser's Edge, a Non-technical Guide by Bill Connors is now available for check-out from the G&FC.
- April 15 - Signing up by this date for AFP's May 20 Biennial Conference "Building a Solid Foundation of Philanthropy: Moving Beyond the Basics" -- with keynoter Kent Dove-- saves you $30. (See AFP link below)
- Register by April 19 for CSPRC's (Community Service Public Relations Council) May 11 Spectrum Conference (www.csprc.org) to save$15.
- April 30 is the deadline for submitting nominations for the first Board of Directors for YNPN St. Louis. Get more information about theYoung Nonprofit Professional Network at firstname.lastname@example.org